Busy, successful, established and trusted private practice/interventional cardiology group in Las Vegas seeking Board Certified/Board Eligible Interventional Cardiologist.
Below is a snapshot of the details as well as hyperlinks to acquaint you with our practice, and our affiliate hospital, St. Rose Dominican-Siena campus (Dignity Health).
- Practice Name: Desert Cardiology & Vascular Center
- Immediate hire, start date flexible
- Join established and skilled Interventional Cardiologists in one of the best neighborhoods of Las Vegas (Henderson)
- Established practice (20+ years) with robust referral bases and significant patient demand
- Outpatient and Inpatient duties including ability to perform/learn:
- Complex coronary and high risk procedures (CHIP)
- Structural heart interventions (TAVR/PFO closure)
- Endovascular interventions (peripheral arterial/venous/endovascular aortic repair, EVAR)
- Strong referral volume to pursue advanced cases based on your prior experience (MitraClip/Watchman)
- Strong collaboration and congeniality among providers
- Robust mentorship for recent graduates, the ability to tailor your practice/procedures based on clinical interest
- Shared call ratios (1:4 weekend rounding)
- Tenured and well-trained support staff with very low turnover
- Award winning affiliate hospitals offering:
- STEMI site with surgical backup
- Cardiology EP Lab/Open Heart Surgery Center
- Hybrid OR to perform structural heart cases
- On-site cardiothoracic surgical backup 24/7/365
- One of the top hospital in cardiac patient volume/outcomes
- Competitive base pay plus productivity structure
- Comp range of $600K-$900K
- Medical/dental/malpractice benefit package
- Partnership opportunity
- CME allowance
- Henderson, NV (zip code 89052) is an affluent community, good local schools and excellent housing options
- Located 15 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip
- World-class entertainment, dining, and recreational amenities
- Low cost of living, No state income tax!
- 300+ sunny days annually
- Excellent access to outdoor activities/trails/hiking/skiing
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area less than 45 minutes away
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area less than 1 hour away
- Los Angeles/Salt Lake City less than 45 minutes by flight
St. Rose Dominican Hospital-Sienna Campus was recently recognized as a High Performing Hospital for 2021-22 by U.S. News & World Report with high performing ratings for heart attack and heart failure, in recognition of care that was significantly better than the national average.
Las Vegas is so much more than just the Strip! Our beautiful valley is surrounded by mountainous desert scenery, and our sunny year-round climate sets the stage for hiking, biking, championship golf, and sight-seeingall just minutes from world-class restaurants and limitless entertainment options. Among the fastest growing cities in the nation, the Las Vegas metro area offers unparalleled cultural/recreational amenities and cutting edge health care.
Las Vegas and its surrounding suburbs offer a multitude of home choices, ranging from affluent family-friendly neighborhoods and high-rise condos overlooking the Strip to guard-gated custom-built homes and upscale apartments with a wealth of amenities. Less than 45 minutes from your home, you will find a world of natural beauty with Red Rock Canyon, Mt. Charleston, and Lake Mead. Weekend getaways to the Grand Canyon, Brianhead Ski Resort, Palm Springs, and Zion National Park are easy to reach with a short drive. Harry Reid Airport makes flights to the Pacific Northwest, ski destinations, and wine country convenient and affordable. Come join us in the middle of everything - there is no better place to live!
This is an opportunity to join a community-based practice affiliated with Dignity Health. In many cases, providers will join an existing single-specialty or multi-specialty medical group (solo options are occasionally available). Physicians in an independent group tend to enjoy both the practice of medicine and the business side of health care. Some benefits of independent practice opportunities include:
- Exposure to and ability to impact all aspects of business operations associated with your practice
- Flexibility to adjust work/life balance to meet your personal and professional needs, since youre the one running the practice
- Choice of joining an established practice or developing a new independent practice
- Emergency Room - The Emergency Room features separate waiting and treatment areas for adults and children. It is also more than twice as large as the previous emergency room, with 56 treatment rooms. We can now treat our patients in a more quiet and comfortable healing environment.
- Children's Emergency Room - The Children's Emergency Room has board-certified pediatric emergency medicine physicians and specialized pediatric nurses who provide more of the best "kid-sized" care available!
- Level III Trauma Unit - This area was expanded to include four treatment rooms.
- Cardiac Center - This new Center has its own separate patient admitting and waiting areas. The Cardiac Center is used for non-invasive testing, such as 3D EKGs, heart monitoring, chest x-rays, and stress tests as well as cardiac rehabilitation.
- Dominican Intensive Care Unit: This unit is in addition to the existing Intensive Care Unit, and its 24 rooms provide the highest level of care for our most critically ill patients, including neurologic, cardiovascular and thoracic, and trauma patients.
- Surgery/Operating Rooms (ORs) - Six new ORs were added bringing the total number of ORs at Siena to 16.
- Recovery Unit - This area now has twice as many beds (24), so staff can care for more patients who have just come out of surgery.
- Cardiac Observation Unit - This special unit has 16 beds and its staff cares for patients whose hearts are being monitored or who are undergoing diagnostic testing.
- Orthopedic Unit - The entire third floor is dedicated to caring for patients who have had surgery on hips, knees, etc.
- The unit features two gyms to allow more patients to participate in group therapy sessions where they encourage and support each other.
- The unit also features a 250 foot long mobility ceiling track system that allows staff to safely get two patients up and walking at the same time.
- IMC Patient Rooms - 36 additional "intermediate care" rooms are available for patients who don't need the highest level of acute care (ICU care)
- Oncology - 16 dedicated oncology patient rooms
- Our expansion has provided a quiet, comfortable healing environment for patients and their loved ones as well as the space and equipment our caregivers need to fully attend to each patient.
Our commitment to filling the health care needs of our community goes beyond the new tower! Many areas in the existing hospital (now referred to as the Adrian Tower) have been expanded and upgraded, including a larger, more private admitting area, a redesigned cafeteria and kitchen, expanded lab services, dedicated oncology and mother/baby units, and more.
Just the Facts
- A nearly 500-space parking garage
- A Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit expansion to 26 beds
- Five-story, 227,000+ square foot tower
- Tower cost approximately $160 million
- Nearly 100 private rooms were added (bringing the hospital's total to 326)
- 32 private emergency room and observation bays were added (bringing the total to 56)
- ER treatment and Rapid Medical Assessment spaces were expanded to over 70 rooms
- Six new operating suites have been added (bringing the total to 16)
- An expanded Cardiology Center with its own admitting and waiting areas for noninvasive procedures
- An additional Intensive Care Unit and expanded orthopedic unit
- Expanded oncology unit
- Highly utilized outpatient support service areas expanded, including admitting, nutrition services, radiology, lab, pharmacy and endoscopy suites.
St. Rose Dominican Hospitals are part of Dignity Health, the nation's fifth largest non-for-profit health system. Our healing philosophy focused on Humankindness serves all people in need including our patients, visitors, guests, staff, physicians and the communities we serve. The Dignity Health system in southern Nevada has the only not for profit, faith-based network with three hospital campuses - St. Rose De Lima, St. Rose Siena and St. Rose San Martin. These mission-driven Hospitals are guided by our vision and core values providing compassionate, high quality, patient-centered care to address each patients physical, mental and spiritual needs.
Siena Hospital - Opened in 2000 to enhance and expand the services provided by the Rose De Lima Campus; this acute-care hospital houses 230 beds and is in the midst of an expansion that includes a new five-story hospital tower and four-story parking garage. The nearly 220,000 square foot tower will offer some of the most advanced medical amenities available today and will add almost 100 more private patient rooms. The tower will complement the tertiary services already available as well as the community based services of a Level III NICU, Level III trauma center, accredited chest pain center and Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center.
The posted compensation range is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.