Location: Nashville, Tennessee
MCJCHV Anesthesia Techs
Contributes to the Anesthesiology department by preparing the Operating Rooms with equipment and supplies to support the daily workload with occasional guidance; assists anesthetists and anesthesiologists, patients and co-workers; tracks and maintains equipment, specialty carts, trays and inventory and participates in the advancement training program.
* Conducts FDA anesthesia machine check.
* Prepares general, MAC, or regional cases.
* Consults operating room schedule to determine equipment needs for procedures and prepares operating room for indicated procedure to include setting up and calibrating monitoring equipment.
* Assists licensed anesthesia care provider in clinical settings outside the operating rooms, included but not limited to: interventional and or/diagnostic radiology, Cath Lab, endoscopy, ambulatory surgery suites, and any other areas as needed.
* Functions as a first line of defense in troubleshooting situations involving machines, monitors, and equipment relative to Anesthesia.
* Assists Anesthesia Provider during Invasive line placement - arterial, central, PA (knowledge of how to calibrate and troubleshoot).
* Maintains inventory of emergency carts - trauma and airway.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Anesthesiology/Anesthesia Technical Support (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working as Anesthesia Technical Support.
* Equipment Maintenance (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience conducting maintenance activities in area of assignments.
* Medical Terminology & Documentation (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience, training, direct exposure, or past experience working with medical terminology and documentation.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
Less than 1 year
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.