Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides professional medical services to patients.
1. Provides professional medical services to patients.
2. Exercises independent professional judgment in the care and treatment of patients.
3. Orders and prescribes medical treatment, diagnostic testing, nursing care and other health and medical services. Prescribes medically appropriate pharmaceuticals.
4. Consults and counsels with patients and families. Provides health and medical education to patients and families.
5. Refers patients as needed to appropriate medial specialists and other health care professionals to assure appropriate multidisciplinary care is provided.
6. Documents medical and clinical care in the patient's medial record. Assigns the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to permit third party insurance billing.
7. Supervises other medical professionals.
8. Adheres to the principles of medical ethics.
* Active member of the Rex Hospital Medical Staff, including meeting the Board Certification requirements. Graduation from an accredited school of medicine.
* Board Certified Internal Medicine
Professional Experience Requirements:
* Prefer prior hospitalist experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* Language Skills: Should be able to communicate proficiently in English.REASONING ABILITYHigh-level quantitative and qualitative reason skills are essential in order to diagnosis medical and clinical issues presented by patients.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSNorth Carolina Medical License, DEA License, BLS/ACLS certification preferred. Board certified in Internal Medicine.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds required.WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physician generally works in a medical office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasoning Ability: High-level quantitative and qualitative reason skills are essential in order to diagnosis medical and clinical issues presented by patients.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Intensivists
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email email@example.com if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.