Location: Crown Point, Indiana
Internal Number: R-086739
Franciscan Health Crown Point
1201 South Main Street Crown Point, Indiana 46307
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking a Physician Assistant to join our group located in Crown Point, Indiana. The Physician Assistant will spend their day consulting with patients with chronic cardiac issues, or who are in recovery from acute cardiac events. The Physician Assistant is expected to monitor patients, counsel, educate families and to act as a liaison between doctors, patients, families and hospital staff. Franciscan Physician Network Cardiology Clinic in Crown Point is nationally recognized by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons with the highest possible rating. Only 10% of hospitals nationwide achieve this honor, with Franciscan Health Crown Point being the only hospital in northern Indiana to do so.
WHAT WE NEED:
Ideal candidate must have at least 2 years of experience in cardiology, surgery, and or cardiovascular experience. Experience in Procure Conduit is required. The candidate will have a focus on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. Candidate will display exceptional interpersonal skills and have a desire to invest in the community, building long-lasting relationships with patients and their families.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off
- Call One Week per Month while working normal schedule after initial training
- Average inpatient volume: 5 - 10 patients per day
- Support the Cardiothoracic Ambulatory Clinic as needed
- Employer will support training and competency education
- Procure Conduit experience is required
- Outstanding mentorship available from experienced physicians and APP's
- Brand-new hospital currently under construction with slated Spring 2024 opening
- Common Diagnoses:
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Carotid Disease
- Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Typical Procedures:
- Procure conduit for coronary artery bypass surgery
- First assist in surgery
- Arterial lines
- Perform thoracentesis
- Place and remove intra-aortic balloons
- Place and remove chest tubes
- Provide pre- and post-operative care
- Onsite Equipment:
- Pacemaker interrogators
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Health is a non-profit health care ministry with primary and specialty care physician groups located throughout Indiana and Illinois. Franciscan is known for our mission of caring. Our values of Respect for Life; Fidelity to Our Mission; Compassionate Concern; Joyful Service; and Christian Stewardship extend to our employees and patients.
With 14 hospital ministries, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care organizations in the Midwest. Franciscan Health includes over 1,000 employed physicians and advanced practice providers. Franciscan providers enjoy a team approach to care. Of our 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full-time opportunity is offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous recruitment program including relocation allowance, commencement and retention packages
- Paid malpractice
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at email@example.com or (844) 376-3627.
WHERE WE LIVE:
Crown Point in Lake County, Indiana is a desirable community in which to live and work. Northwest Indiana has a reasonable cost of living, is family-friendly with award-winning schools. Crown Point has a hometown atmosphere, with its historic downtown square, numerous unique shops, parks, golf courses, and other scenic locales. Crown Point is in close proximity to Chicago, Lake Michigan beaches, area waterparks, and much more. Whether you are living on the lake or inland, Crown Point offers a little piece of paradise for everyone.
- Master's Degree Required
- Physician Assistant Certified (PA-C) - Required
- Basic Life Support Program (BLS) - American Heart Association Required
Never or Rarely
To further Franciscan Alliance's commitment to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace and prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our coworkers and their families; our patients, visitors, and vendors, and the community at large all Franciscan workforce members must be vaccinated, unless granted an exemption. We are committed to making the communities we serve healthier.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.