Location: New York, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
In this role you will perform a variety of services and functions including but not limited to: functioning as a member of the perioperative administrative team in supporting daily operations of the OR Scheduling Office, facilitating the communication between MSK personnel and the Scheduling Manager, and accurately and timely entering of surgical cases into computerized scheduling system.
We want you to join the fight to conquer cancer!
- Quick learner
- Confident under pressure
- Articulate and able to deliver messages in a clear, compelling, and concise manner
- Able to act quickly and decisively in constantly evolving situations
- Able to communicate with colleagues and close loops and when faced with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Schedule all procedures according to patient needs and specified scheduling parameters
- Schedule corresponding appointments as needed
- Answer the telephone using accurate telephone techniques and procedures in an efficient manner and handle each inquiry in a proficient and courteous manner
- Reschedule and cancel appointments as requested
- Work as part of a team and by collaborating with other departments; participating in training, orientation, and mentorship for new schedulers
- High School Diploma/GED, plus four years of related work experience, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience with computers, preferably with EPIC, Outlook, HIS, CIS
- Outstanding organization and communication skills
- Familiarity with Medical Terminology
- 8 hour flexed shifts from 9:30am-6:00pm, Monday through Saturday
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
Are you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.