Senior Financial Manager (Perioperative PCC, Ambulatory Surgery Services) - HYBRID
Provides leadership in developing, analyzing, and conducting complex financial analyses to assess the viability of strategic and financial plans or support the institution's opinion on compliance matters. Maintains the established goals of the organization with an emphasis on the independent analysis and reporting of financial information. Mentors and coaches staff.
- Independently monitors performance of operations and financial reporting. Evaluates programs or reimbursement through the use, development, and modification of financial reports and/or models. Designs and implements strategies to generate compliant and accurate payment.
- Leads operating and capital budget development efforts. Manages the annual operating and capital budget processes.
- Provides advice and direction in the development of business plans, regulatory changes, and compliance matters.
- Provides leadership in developing processes for enhancing quality, reimbursement, customer satisfaction, and financial performance goals.
- Participates in process improvement reviews of a variety of financial systems.
- Analyzes and reports on the effects of proposed federal and state statutes and regulatory actions which may impact financial planning.
- Analyzes future trends and indicators in related areas of interest. Reviews data to analyze trends affecting budget needs or compliance risks.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS (EXPERT):- The process of evaluating businesses, projects, budgets, etc. to determine their performance, stability and profitability.
COMMUNICATION OF RESULTS (EXPERT):- Communicates results and recommendations to customers in a concise and non-technical format. Clearly states implications and potential next steps. Presents analysis, ideas, and findings using the appropriate data visualization and presentation tools [such as Word, Excel, Tableau, and PowerPoint].
PROBLEM SOLVING (EXPERT):- Uses critical thinking and process improvement i.e. coaches and mentors development of problem statement, describes current state, identifies root causes, creates future state, coaches and mentors development of solutions and action plans with a sustainability plan. Applies appropriate tools to address issues.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (EXPERT):- Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION (EXPERT):- Demonstrates the ability to write clear, detailed, and comprehensive status reports, memos and documentation. Demonstrates an understanding of effective composition, such as having first line in a paragraph state the subject.
PEER LEADERSHIP (ADVANCED):- The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
- Organizational Impact: Delivers projects/assignments that have a direct impact on goals/objectives of the unit/department that the job is in.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts extensive analysis of situations or data to resolve numerous, complex issues; may involve the input/work of others.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has in-depth level of knowledge within a professional area and working knowledge of other areas.
- Team Interaction: May lead mid-sized projects; coaches and guides team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P4):
- - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P4):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P4):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P4):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P4):
- - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.