Location: Valhalla, New York
The Vascular Ultrasound Technologist primarily specializes in the utilization of cardiovascular ultrasound equipment as necessary. This candidate should be flexible to travel to various vascular lab satellite offices throughout the organization as needed. The vascular tech will report directly to the clinical director of the Department.
- The ability to perform ICAVL standard vascular ultrasound studies including but not limited to, cerebral vascular, peripheral arterial, peripheral venous, PVR, abdominal aorta, renal arteries, vein mapping.
- Responsible for maintaining current licensure/certification/CME requirements as well as assume the responsibility for on-going professional development.
- Data and billing entry into the EMR.
- Structuring preliminary reports in the digital imaging PACS system.
- Able to communicate effectively with their team.
- Practices appropriate infection control policies and procedures.
- The ability to execute job duties to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
- The ability to ensure the accuracy and completeness of work performed by all vascular staff.
- The ability to give and to receive constructive criticism regarding all aspects of his/her duties and responsibilities.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with physicians, management and fellow employees in a way that promotes teamwork and a productive working environment.
Two years' technical experience in vascular technology preferred.
Graduation from an accredited school of cardiovascular technology with a degree or certification in an allied health field, required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Active credentials in the area of Vascular Ultrasound Technology with CCI (RVS) or ARDMS (RVT).
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC