Location: Boardman, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
New Rates of Pay & $6,000 (taxable) Sign On Bonus!!
Full time and Part time Openings
Assesses and implements patient care as directed by protocol or the Dedicated Transport Nurse (DTN) for premature neonatal, pediatric and adult patients during transport in accordance with departmental standards of care and practice.  Participates in the education of referral staff, patients, parents and ACH staff. Compliance with Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) standards required.
- Works collaboratively with the Registered Nurse (RN) to provide direct patient care to critically ill neonates, pediatric and adult patients. Utilizes advanced training and education to complete airway management including intubation as needed.
- Works collaboratively with the RN to maintain accurate records of information regarding pre-transport, transport records and follow-up data.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the ground transport vehicle and ensures a safe environment for patient care and other team members. Ensures safe vehicle operation including weather conditions, proper restraint of equipment, fluid level, lights, sirens, radios and cellular phone functioning. Works with mechanic and Manager to ensure all mechanical deficiencies are corrected.
- Assures maintenance, checks adequate stock of drugs and supplies aboard transport vehicle/aircraft and restocks after each transport. Checks biomedical equipment, both portable and aboard transport vehicle to ensure proper functioning.
- Will comply with all CAMTS requirements as related to certification, training and documentation.
- Other duties as required.
Work requires comprehensive knowledge of emergency care procedures and techniques and a thorough understanding of their application in the medical transportation environment.
Work requires the skills necessary to assist with assessment and prioritize patient needs, formulate treatment plans and alter treatment as necessary under direction of RN.
Education and Experience
- Current Ohio licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMT-P) (required upon hire)
- Must have 3 years active experience (or a minimum of 4000 hours) of critical care experience as a flight/surface transport paramedic or in-hospital experience is required.
- Valid Ohio state driver's license without restrictions and acceptable driving record in accordance with ACH policy
- Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC) required.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Heart Code support certification (BLS)* (required upon hire).
Required Within 1 year of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification-AHA (ACLS) *
- Pediatric Advanced Life support certification-AHA (PALS) *
- Newborn Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Advanced Burn Life Support certification (ABLS)
- Sugar Temperature Airway Blood Pressure Labs and Emotional Support (STABLE)
- Pediatric Fundamentals Critical Care Support (PFCCS)
Required Within 2 years of hire
- Specialty Care Certification in either:
- Flight Paramedic certified (FP-C)
- Certified Neonatal Pediatric Transport (CNPT)
- American Heart Association (AHA) is the organization designated for BLS, ACLS, and PALS - for clarification see Department of Nursing Training Requirements for CPR and Resuscitation policy.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: