Location: Newark, Delaware
To prepare patients for invasive procedure, and assist the physician during a diagnostic catheterization, PTCA, or electrophysiology study. Rotates through all aspects of the laboratory.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares a patient for cardiac catheterization, PTCA, or EP study and maintains sterile techniques.
- Assists the physician as a scrub person during a cardiac catheterization or PTCA.
- Monitors the patient during the cardiac catheterization.
- Develops the film after each procedure and maintains the quality control of the darkroom.
- Anticipates the activities of each existing catheterization lab and keeps the schedule flowing consistently.
- Maintains proper customer services with all areas that interact with laboratory.
- Keeps a neat and clean work environment.
- Reviews normal blood work when checking a patients chart pre-cath and reports to RN or physician as necessary.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients, including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs, and to provide the care needed.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other duties as required.
7:00am-5:30pm mostly, however sometimes 07:00am-3:30pm
11am-7:30pm one week every 5-6 weeks
On-Call - 7:00pm -6:30am one weeknight (M-F) a week
7:00pm Friday- 6:30am Monday morning for one weekend call shift (Friday-Monday) every 3-4 weeks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Completion of registered X-Ray Technologist or Cardiovascular Technologist program or accredited Licensed Practical Nurse Program. Cardiac Catheterization experience preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
BLS and ACLS within one year of hire.