Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0019766
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Minnesota is seeking casual anesthesiologists to join our established practice.
- Collegial team of more than 60 Anesthesiologists dedicated to the highest quality of patient care.
- Practice at the University of Minnesota Medical Center and other affiliated sites in Minneapolis-Saint Paul - a large metropolitan area with over 3 million people.
- The department offers a strong family and team environment, and commitment to clinical excellence, and outstanding training for our 40 residents, 10 fellows, and medical students.
- We offer a faculty development program including formal mentorship.
- We are committed to fostering an environment of diversity, inclusiveness, equal opportunity, and are proud to have one of the first Women in Anesthesiology chapters.
About the Department:
Here in the Department of Anesthesiology, we are driven to eliminate pain, improve patient outcomes and train the next generation of anesthesiologists. Our department cultivates a culture of inquiry, where best medical practices are determined through clinical and scientific methods as well as translational investigation.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME regional pain fellowship, or have extensive regional pain experience.
- Board eligible/certified.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health professionals.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.