Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0014282
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
University of Minnesota Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences is seeking a Board Certified / Board Eligible Psychiatrist for an academic track faculty position at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level for our Interventional Psychiatry Program.
- The clinical effort for this position includes 0.65 FTE in the Interventional Psychiatry Service at the University of Minnesota Medical Center and the St. Louis Park Clinic Interventional Psychiatry Program.
- The academic effort for this position includes 0.2 FTE leading the clerkship for the Department and 0.15 FTE for education and research.
- The Interventional Psychiatry Program strives to be patient-centric with standardize processes and procedures and establish academic, evidence based ECT practices.
- Interventional Psychiatry Program provides procedures such as ECT, transcranial magnetic stimulation, ketamine injections, and vagus nerve stimulation.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, nurse care coordination, psychiatry associates, and social workers.
About the Department:
The University of Minnesota is a highly ranked research institution, and the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences has an extensive portfolio of ongoing studies with opportunities for collaboration, including studies involving neuroimaging, neuromodulation, cognitive training, and psychotherapy.
Join an active and growing department of 72 highly collaborative and engaged faculty members. The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusive excellence in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission and is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
Minnesota offers a high quality of life for professionals and families. It consistently ranks near the very top for health, fitness, happiness, safety, tolerance, education, affordability, and access to green space. Learn more about the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences at www.psychiatry.umn.edu.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/341810
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME/AOA Psychiatry residency training program.
- BC/BE with the ABMS
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health Fairview (M Health Fairview) shared care delivery system. M Health Fairview represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and
Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
M Health Fairview is one of the largest providers of behavioral health services in the Upper Midwest. We offer a wide range of adult and child/adolescent services that includes: inpatient, behavioral emergency center, partial hospitalization, outpatient clinics, counseling centers, chemical dependency programs, and day treatment programs. In addition, our psychiatrists have access to consultation, collaborative management or referral with University of Minnesota Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Physicians and Behavioral Healthcare Providers.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails! #UMP
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.