Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
The Cardio-Diagnostic Technician performs routine and stat EKGs, Rhythm Strips, Cardiac Stress Testing and 24-hour Holter Monitors.
- Performs routine and stat EKGs in a timely manner.
- Performs routine and stat Rhythm Strips in a timely manner. Performs Cardiac Stress Testing, including Treadmill and IV Persantine/Dobutamine, as well as patient instruction, set-up and clean-up per protocol.
- Follows all procedures related to radiation safety, per policies/protocols. Participates in Smoking Cessation QI program and provides statistical data as it relates to department performance improvement.
- Schedules appointments for patient testing in the Cardio-Respiratory Departments.
- Completes processing of all procedures including data entry into hospital-based computer system.
- Prepares information for physician interpretation, copying, faxing, delivering, results and filing.
- Is knowledgeable about all computer-entryinformation, computerized equipment.
- Maintains accurate billing information. Completes charging, via the hospital information system. Obtains documents and enters appropriate diagnosis codes for testing performed or processed.
- Maintains current certification/authorization in any department procedure requiring certification/ authorization commensurate with job description. Facilitates services to patients that enhance operations throughout the organization.
- Supports and participates in changes affecting the department policy revision, new equipment implementation
- Serves as a resource for clinical skills/knowledge for colleagues including orientation of new staff and staff that is cross-training from other departments. New Vision Students, PCT training/competency.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance, including calibration, testing, preparation, repairs when necessary and cleaning.
- Informs Coordinator of any defects or malfunctions of equipment following established departmental procedure
- Maintains appropriate supplies and stock levels for the department.
- Performs all related responsibilities/duties as assigned.
Experience as a Cardio-Diagnostic Technician, preferred. Experience performing Stress Testing, preferred.
High School diploma or equivalent; completed EKG course/on-the-job training.
Certified in BLS
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with patients, employees, and visitors.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley's most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area's only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.