Cardiovascular Lab Technologist II – AdventHealth Gordon
Location Address: Calhoun, GA
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The community you’ll be caring for: Adventhealth Gordon
The role you’ll contribute:
The Cardiovascular Lab Technologist II performs a wide range of technical skills, which are utilized during a variety of Cardiovascular or Interventional Radiology procedures to provide an efficient, comfortable, and safe examination of all patients. The Technologist is proficient in all aspects of angiography, preparation, assessment, documentation and monitoring consistent with the policies, procedures and processes of the Cardiovascular Services department and Hospital Administration. Adheres to the guidelines and standards of professional practice associations. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. The Cardiovascular Lab Technologist will rotate call based on-call schedule.
A four-week notice is required for resignation/transfer, as well as any change in employment status resulting in decreased hours worked. Takes call as required by cost center and responds in hospital within 30 minutes.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand hygiene according to accepted standards of care. Identifies and prepares patient using aseptic technique as dictated by procedure ordered. Exhibits awareness of hazards which may endanger patients. Ensures adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations. Annually meets all required department specific competencies.
· Verifies orders and facilitates implementation, communicating with physician as needed. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and training. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications. Performs within the bounds of the applicable scope of practice for Cardiovascular Interventional Technologists. Facilitates timely patient throughput.
· Produces an accurately written, promptly completed medical record for each patient based upon the scope and complexity of the intervention procedure and patient clinical conditions. Maintains authenticity and security of the record, and follows prescribed process for amending documents.
· Performs effectively in all three procedural roles (circulate, monitor, scrub) required in a diagnostic cardiac catheterization laboratory team based on the Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals Scope of Practice. Proficiently performs all cardiac and vascular procedures allowed in an AHCA Adult Inpatient Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization licensed facility. Takes call as rotated/assigned and responds (in hospital) within 30 minutes.
· Learns and upgrades skills. Supervises other healthcare team members in the clinical setting. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training and education of new personnel.
· May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of Florida Hospital non-waived Point of Care training.
· Participates in quality and performance improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes. Accurately documents and monitors activities as needed. Participates in unit/service line budgeting processes to ensure a cost-effective, quality-focused environment. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Knowledge of basic EKG interpretation
· Computer knowledge and skills
· Knowledge of coronary diagnostic procedures
· Degree in Cardiovascular Technology, Nursing, Radiologic Technology or Respiratory Therapy.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.