Saint Vincent Hospital offers a whole new experience in health care. By combining our advanced, state-of-the-art facility with our commitment to providing the best quality of life to the many members of our Worcester community. Saint Vincent Hospital excels at offering the best care in a friendly atmosphere. From our advanced heart and vascular services, to our comprehensive orthopedics and rehabilitation programs, our robust surgical facility including our Da Vinci robotic surgery and Cyberknife technology, to our comfortable and compassionate women & infants programs - you don't have to travel far for high-quality health care: We're right here, in the heart of Worcester.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Performs noninvasive vascular testing procedures, e.g., carotid duplex scans, arterial evaluations, venous duplex scans, and abdominal duplex scans on patients as ordered and under the direction of the technical and medical directors of the Vascular Lab. Works with patients of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Obtains and reviews the patient's clinical history and related patient test reports, takes a patient history, and selects appropriate test according to the policy and procedure manual.
2. Greets patient, explains test to patient, answers patient's questions, reassures patient, and positions patient correctly for optimum exam. Monitors patient condition during exam and immediately reports significant changes to medical personnel.
3. Documents test results using video and hard copy images. Performs related clerical duties, i.e., scheduling patients, preparing requisitions, filing and retrieving reports, entering patient information, and writing preliminary reports. Assists in the care and maintenance of facilities, equipment, and supplies. Maintains supply levels. Keeps work areas clean. Alerts technical director to equipment malfunction.
4. Performs ultrasound testing, directs ultrasound beam via transducer into patientâ��s designated body parts to create diagnostic images which are displayed on an ultrasound monitor. Differentiates normal anatomy from abnormal anatomy.
5. Remains current with developments in the field of noninvasive vascular testing by reviewing pertinent literature, attending inservice, continuing education courses, seminars, and interacting with peers.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree in ultrasound technology, including course work in anatomy and physiology.
2. One to two yearsâ�� experience.
3. Registered Vascular Technologist..
1. Constant walking and standing with intermittent lifting of moderate to heavy weights; lifting and positioning of patients, pushing equipment, etc.
2. Close attention to detail and constant viewing of oscilloscope monitor.
3. Intermittent patient care environment.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
Facility: Saint Vincent Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
If Other Shift, Specify: Every other weekend and holiday required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.