Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
24 hours per week
Summary: The Paramedic Transport assesses and implements patient care as directed by protocol or the Dedicated Transport Nurse [DTN] or Neonatal Transport Nurse (NTN) for premature neonatal, pediatric, and adult patients during transport in accordance with departmental standards of care and practice.
Responsibilities: 1. Maintains and ensures adequate vehicle operation and preparedness in accordance with departmental policy and appropriate local, state and federal regulatory organizations.
2. Checks all transport equipment daily and logs checks on appropriate forms.
3. Maintains all equipment in proper working order at all times.
4. Performs preventive testing and refers any equipment that is not functional to the appropriate repair facility.
5. Assesses the current status and immediate care needs of the critically ill neonate, pediatric or adult patient in the transport environment.
6. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
7. Staff may be temporarily dispatched to an area throughout the Akron Children's Hospital enterprise to task and assist, based on patient needs requiring similar knowledge and skill.
8. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience as a paramedic is required.
2. Experience in critical care transport and pediatrics is preferred.
3. Experience in burn care is preferred.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Electronic health record software used for inpatient care and specialized electronic health record software used for transport is preferred.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Graduate of an accredited paramedic program.
2. Certification: Certified EMT-Paramedic is required. BLS and ACLS are required. PALS, and NRP are required before the completion of orientation. STABLE, PFCCS or ATLS certifications are required within one year of hire. ABLS is required within two years of date of hire. Specialty credential such as CC-EMTP, CCP-C, or CNPT is required within two years of date of hire.
3. Valid driver's license without restrictions and acceptable driving record in accordance with policy is required. EVOC training is required within two years of hire.
4. Years of relevant experience: 3 years required.
5. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: