Location Address:7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week M-F. 30 Minute Call could be required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Directly assists the licensed anesthesia care provider with patient preparation; airway management; insertion of peripheral, arterial or central lines; and administration of regional blocks.
· Anticipates the needs of the licensed anesthesia care provider. Is available in all clinical settings where anesthesia services are provided.
· Works within the standards of practice as described by the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT).
· Demonstrates speed and timeliness in all duties, particularly in preparation for emergent procedures.
· Participates in room turnovers in an efficient and timely manner.
· Adheres to and promotes all safety and infection control measures.
· Adheres to aseptic technique.
· Wears personal protective equipment as required.
· Promotes control of costs through efficient management of supplies, equipment and services. Checks expiration dates of supplies monthly.
· Provides training and orientation to staff and new personnel.
· Recognizes and adheres to all regulatory agency requirements as they relate to anesthesia and patient safety.
· Maintains an inventory of equipment used by the licensed anesthesia care providers.
· Reports defective equipment to clinical engineering.
· Appropriately tags equipment and removes from service.
· Provides supportive care to patients under the direct supervision of an RN and physician.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Cleans and prepares anesthesia machine and carts between procedures and after last case.
· Assists in moving and positioning of patients for surgical procedures.
· Prepares set-up, cleaning, and maintenance of anesthesia specialty carts and equipment.
· Cleans and maintains anesthesia workroom for the purpose of efficiency.
· Transports anesthesia equipment to various procedure sites.
· Consults with other staff members, when in question or unfamiliar with equipment or procedures
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a certified anesthesia technician
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Completion of High School/GED
· Minimum of 1-2 years’ work experience in the Operating Room
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current American Heart Association BLS certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certification requirements established by the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT) preferred
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
The Anesthesia Technician assists anesthesiologist/nurse anesthetist during operative and invasive procedures. Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for anesthetic procedure. Monitor and provide for PAR level of all anesthesia medications, equipment and supplies. Cleans and stocks all anesthesia carts and machines. Assist by performing other anesthesia related duties to promote smooth functioning of anesthesia department and safe comfortable anesthesia care to patients.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.